Johnstone Supply is one of the nation’s largest wholesale distributors of heating, air conditioning and refrigeration (HVAC/R) products. Our sales growth out-paces the industry average, creating a challenging and rewarding work environment.
Major Tasks & Responsibilities:
- Ensures customers receive prompt, professional service, in person and over the phone by establishing standards and monitoring quality on a daily basis.
- Works directly with customers during busy times and with key customer accounts.
- Works in conjunction with Outside Sales.
- Develops relationships and rapport with customers to establish win-win partnerships.
- Maintains the highest standards in cleanliness and appearance of the showroom, warehouse and exterior of the facility.
- Resolves customer complaints and disputes in a timely, professional manner that balances customer requests with business needs.
- Establishes, communicates and models performance expectations of all branch team members.
- Ensures team members are up-to-date and knowledgeable regarding branch operations and the company as a whole by holding regular meetings, and continually providing information and status reports.
- Participates in the hiring and recruiting process to identify qualified candidates within established processes and guidelines.
- Ensures adequate staffing levels to meet business needs by establishing working schedules, approving vacation and cross-training employees to fill in when needed.
- Manages branch inventory to ensure security, accuracy.
- Oversees product returns and warranty processing, balancing customer requests with company guidelines and procedures.
- Oversees warehouse and delivery operations.
- Controls branch operational costs to ensure overall branch profitability is met.
- Balances cash drawer daily and prepares daily bank deposit.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Very competitive compensation of base plus commission
- Company-provided laptop and phone
- Auto allowance
- Paid medical, life and disability insurance
- 401k with 50% company match
- High school diploma or GED
- Two years experience in branch operations management in a wholesale environment; or equivalent combination of education and experience. College business degree preferred.
- Knowledge of management principles, including recruiting, hiring, training and development, delegating, coaching, and evaluating employees.
- Ability to create and manage a high-functioning team.
- Ability to plan, organize, and direct the activities of subordinates.
- Ability to listen to others to identify concerns and needs and communicate effectively.
- Knowledge of wholesale distribution branch operations, including order fulfillment, inventory control, customer service, showroom merchandising, shipping and receiving and sales.
- Proficient in MS Office (Word and Excel).
- Ability to learn and use company computer systems in daily branch operations.
- General knowledge of the HVAC/R industry, contractor customer needs and product applications.
- Able to lift 50lbs.
Johnstone Supply is an equal opportunity employer.