This course is designed to provide the HVAC Contractor and/or the Technician with the basics of Electrical theory as it relates to Air Conditioning. The topics covered in this course are geared toward Fundamentals of Electricity for the HVAC Contractor and/or Technician.
The cost of this event is $30. By requesting your ticket through Eventbrite, you will be added to the waiting list. A Johnstone representative will follow up with you to ensure that you’re qualified to attend this event within 3 days.
Class Cost: $30
- 1111644497 – Refrigeration and A/C Technology 7e Instructor’s Guide
- 1111644489 – Refrigeration and A/C Technology 7e Study Guide/Lab Manual
- 1111644500 – Refrigeration and A/C Technology 7e Instructor’s Resource CD
Objectives of the Course:
After completing this course, students should be able to:
- Discuss safety issues that air-conditioning and refrigeration technicians must concern themselves with in order to remain safe on the job
- How to properly Measure voltage, current, and resistance in electric circuits
- Understand what’s a power-passing or power consuming device
- Understanding of Line Voltage
- Understanding Control Voltage
- Basic circuit components: power supply, loads, switches, conductors, contractors
- Voltage, current, and resistance
- Basic series and parallel circuits
- Troubleshoot electrical problems in an air-conditioning system (when Equipment is available at location)
***** Students need a Multi-meter that can read Volts, Ohm’s, Amp’s and Capacitance to
participate in the Labs.
Thu, November 30, 2017
9:00 AM – 3:00 PM CDT
Johnstone Supply Garland
Class Cost: $30